16 September 2020

Morning Walk Vignettes - Mystery of the bottles with red liquid.

Morning Walk Vignettes -  Mystery of the  bottles with red liquid.  
Long back, during my morning walk I was intrigued to see one odd bottle filled with red liquid hanging near the gate of almost every other house. I had no clue why they had taken all the trouble to prepare red liquid, fill it in a bottle and hang it couple of feet above the ground.
I am a curious character by nature and like to know answers to my doubts. Not being a cat I am still around asking questions and satisfying my curiosity.
Found the answer. Then forgot all about it.
For the last three four days one fast food fellow has parked his minivan at a place along my  route. I have not seen "Babumoshai" open selling, chinese, chicken biryani etc so early in the day.
This morning saw new addition to his minivan. Three very fresh bottles filled with red liquid. Two hanging on small trees on either side of the van and the third hanging behind the front 
Tyre.

Two bottles on trees either side. One behind front tyre.
 RT click & open the photo in new tab to see all 3 bottles.

Sight of these bottles after almost a year brought memories flooding back and I had become curious and found the answer. 
It seems dogs do not like to poop around these bottles. The bottle hanging near the gate keeps the surroundings free of dog poop. Red liquid is, simply कुंकू (vermilion) added to plain water.
Proprietor of Babumoshai seems ti believe in red bottles. 
If you people are having trouble with dog poop, try it out.
Have I tried it?
With me around no dog has ever pooped near our house !!



No comments:

Post a Comment