04 December 2020

Wonderful Nature.

At Dussera time a leaf from what we call in Marathi 'आपटा' (Apta) tree ( Bauhinia racemosa) assumes tremendous significance because as per Indian Mythology, these leaves are supposed to represent GOLD and are given as a gift to friends and relatives on Dussera.
To avoid the trouble of locating an apta tree and plucking a few leaves people prefer to buy them from vendors who have located and mercilessly stripped the tree to have maximum inventory for sale and set up shop at important road crossings.
On the eve of Dussera, my apta tree had suffered extreme violence and stripped of all leaves. It presented a sorry sight and made me sad. My earlier blog here.
During my walks, I saw that my tree was slowly recovering. 
It has now been a month 
 I was not going for a walk for the last 15 days as Priti Was not well.
This morning when I went for walk, I was very pleasantly surprised to see my tree has regained its health and looked beautiful with a good crown of foliage. 
Recovery from leafless branches to its current state was miraculous. 
See photos.

My apta Tree on 27 Oct 20 - made me sad.

My apta tree on 4 Dec 20. wonderful recovery - made me happy.

Nature has its own wonderful and mysterious ways of self rejuvenation and recovery.
Sadly we have been destroying the trees so ruthlessly that natural ways of wonderful and mysterious ways of self rejuvenation and recovery are unable to restore the trees.
Unless trees are replanted/replaced the loss is permanent.
One day we will be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment