24 December 2020

Old Age and Winters.

With 8 -9 degrees C, Nagpur is going through 'severe cold wave conditions'.
I can hear people residing in the North and those living in sub-zero temperatures laughing at this statement.
If temp drop to 16 degrees C in Mumbai can make news headlines, why not 8-9 degrees Cin Nagpur be called  'severe cold wave conditions'.
In any case how much "cold," you feel is relative to individuals. When I am shivering in a sweater and jacket with monkey cap on, I see young boys and girls going on scooters/motorcycles in half sleeve 'T' shirts. 
It is all a matter of age. When the "fire" in you starts going out with age you shiver in temperatures which you did not even bother about when young!
I have always believed in "mind over matters' and not let the cold bother me. Even in this severe cold wave, went for my morning walk. On the second day of current cold weather, I just happened to sneeze. All hell broke loose. I was called an old fool for going out for morning walk in "this cold".
 The home ministry issued dictate 'not to go for a morning walk;.
 After 4 days of no walk, I rebelled/ declared that "my body is now acclimatised to low temperatures and from Monday I will restart my morning walks".
The matter was reported by the Home Ministry to PMO ( Ajeet at Delhi).
I strongly argued my case. I MUST have my exercise, I said. 
A Ruling was given that, as in any case, I have "nothing to do" I can go out any time after 9 or 10 O'Clock.
One can not fight against age and PMO ruling.
 I have now started going for my "morning walk" in the early afternoon.!. 
  




1 comment: