05 February 2019

A thought provoking incident,

During my morning walk today saw two youngsters walking towards me. Both with with a back pack, which seems to be inseparable attachment of today's youth. It was near the Office of Forest Development Department, Government of Maharashtra,
One of them stopped me. He enquired about any "public place nearby where wash room facilities were available. He further added they were out of towners and had come to Nagpur to appear for examinations"
I told them that nearest public convenience facility was located near Swami Vivekananda Statue near Ambazari Lake. I also added I did not know if it would be open at that time. They thanked me and walked away towards Ambazari Lake.
Looking at their age, it looked as if this exam may be life changing event for them both. Yet Rather than thinking of their forth coming exams, they were worried where thay could relieve themselves have a bath or freshen up.
I felt ashamed that I was living in second capital of Maharashtra where even basic facilities like public convenience were not available to general public.

There is other side of the coin is that, I have seen wherever limited number of public urinals are provided, they lack water. Some Worthy citizens have also used them as toilets. Also some of them will piss all over,
Within short time public urinals become so filthy so as to become unusable. Gradually vanish. Do not exist any more.
What is the Solution. A solution to situation.Defies logic thinking common sense.

Will my beloved Nagpur ever become a smart City, inhabited by Smart citizens         

No comments:

Post a Comment