09 September 2011

Vatican, Rome , Europe Trip.

I have been told that  my blogs are too long and put off  potential readers . Any way I thought if I cover one thing in one blog reader gets the full info in one reading . However if excessive length is going to put off potential reader the very reason for writing the blog, other then my own desire , is defeated.
So now on it is short short blog .
I had no idea at all that ,Vatican , Vatican See , Vatican City.  Vatican City State , Stato della ciito del Vaticano all have different connotation and there is subtle difference by what they mean . I have no intention nor sufficient knowledge to enlighten any one.So far as I am concerned Vatican had connotations of Sistine Chapel , Pieta and last but not the least ,Venus de Milo.I do not know if they are available now or not but when I was doing my Engineering Diploma way back in 1960-61, we had Kohinoor engineering drawing pencils. The company logo was an image of "Venus de Milo" . Every cardboard pack of dozen pencils had this logo printed . What beauty.
Vatican city is the smallest city state in the world , with land area of only 110 acres and population of vatican nationals numbering only about 800. It was established in 1929 by the Lateran Treaty signed between Cardinal Secretary and Prime minister Benito Mussolini of Kingdom of Italy.It is the seat of Episcopal Church for 1.2 billion Catholics.
For us who had gone there as tourists, it had much to offer including the Sistine Chapel :-).
Our group was taken through the entrance gate for Vatican Museums and passing through various halls and corridors we finally got out of Basilica Of Saint Peter.
Along the perimeter wall I think the gate was the original one , looked really really ancient .
Click to see full photo.
Entrance for Vatican Museums.
Next blog we see the Museums .

No comments:

Post a Comment