10 September 2011

Vatican Museums.Rome. Europe tour.

We were in the foyer of the museum at 1300. Nice specious and well lit place . It had big block of carrara marble. It had bass reliefs of pope on one side and some sculptures on the other three sides. There was athe famous circular stair case of the vatican museums . Generally people photograph it from the top looking down so that it looks like an Indian well with staircase along the circumference!! It also has an ascending ramp for use by physically challanged . Took photo of this ramp , looking up and in my photo it looks like ascending canopies :-). Have a look at carrara block & ascending canopies.
Bass relief & Sculptures.
Ascending Ramp,Vatican Museums.

After ascending we reach the square of the fountain of the Pine Cone .Visit that in next blog :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm traveling to Rome on April. I'm a little bit concerned about coronavirus in Italy, but I think that the situation will be better on spring. I want to visit Vatican so much, but I thing that a guided tour is the best idea for learning about the history of this place, so i found some tours here https://daytrip4u.com/destination/Vatican and I'm going to book one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good idea to take a qualified guide. In my experience is is well worth the cost to take a guided or a guided tour.
    Wish you a pleasant journey.

    ReplyDelete