09 August 2021

Ignorance is bliss.

Ignorance is bliss.
The long-standing and heard adage " Ignorance is bliss." has been often quoted at, and by us, many times. Maybe it was so in those times and circumstances.  
My recent experience has amply proved that this adage does not hold good in the world of smartphones, Google, Laptops and PCs.
The story of my experience..
My Mi A3 phone (about 4 plus years old.) has been misbehaving for some time. The last few days it was heating up and the battery was draining out very fast. It had to be recharged every 4-6 hours. 
Priti has a very easy solution for all trouble giving gadgets. Throw them and buy a new one.
I don't like easy solutions.
Checked repair charges. Battery change and suspected water seepage near the charging point. Approximate repair charges Rs 2000/-   
After getting a dressing down after our last TV purchase. I clear EVERY electronic purchase with Ajeet.
He heard Priti's idea and agreed with her. Generally everyone in the family including self agrees with her. 
With ongoing freedom sale on Amazon, Ajeet researched and recommended Read me Note 10 pro WITH EXCHANGE OFFER. In WhatsApp, he also attached screenshots of how to order to help me out.

Following the screenshots, I ordered it by afternoon/evening of 7th August 2021.
 Prompt reply by Amazon acknowledging order and intimating that order will be delivered between 700AM to 9:30PM. On 9 Aug 21. Amazon is quite efficient and fast, generally!
This being an exchange offer there was a long list of actions to be done on the old phone before delivery and a lot of actions to be done on the new phone after delivery and sign an exchange verification form before I was handed over the phone. If actions were not done delivery would not take place.
Sample of actions to be done before delivery :1. sign-out of google and other accounts, 2.remove SIM card. etcetc.
The Pin to remove the SM tray has been lost a long time back.
Did not know how to sign out of any of the accounts. 
I had only waking hours of the 8th(yesterday) to complete all actions. 
I googled and googled searching "HOW TO.........".
After a lot of effort, trials and errors,  raised blood pressure. Finally managed to complete predelivery actions. Time 1100 AM on 9 th  
Waiting for the Amazon man.
Realised the adage  "Ignorance is bliss" does not hold good anymore.
In fact, this experience has inspired me a coin my own adage .
"LEARNED SKILL IS SOON FORGOTTEN, IF NOT USED OFTEN."


No comments:

Post a Comment