08 June 2021

ATM's - GOOD INITIATIVE BY BOM.

ATM's - GOOD INITIATIVE BY BOM.
 We have now been in COVID lockdown for more than a year and a half. For that year and a half, we have been in strict 'house arrest'. 
One totally unavoidable and necessary trip outside was to an SBI  ATM to withdraw cash. During that ATM visit, I had a harrowing experience. To read about that experience go here. 
I had withdrawn Rs 20,000/- on that occasion.
The lockdown has also forced us to use online transaction for home delivery of all necessary rations and other goods.
It speaks a great deal about the effectiveness of lockdown and the online transactions that I had no need to visit ATM for the last six months. As cash was needed only to pay the vegetable vendor for fresh vegetables and fruits. And to pay for my medicines because the vendor had no online payment facility and so it was COD.
Visited a BOM ( Bank of Maharashtra ) ATM this morning. 
During my last visit to an ATM, I had a harrowing experience. To read about that experience go here. 
Today I was pleasantly surprised to see a notice posted on the ATM wall. 

As you will realise with such information available, in case of any type of ATM malfunction, the common man does not have to go through a harrowing and stressful experience.
 A commendable initiative by BOM. I strongly urge all other private as well as public sector banks to emulate the example set by BOM.

No comments:

Post a Comment