13 January 2021

Mislead by a Name.

Mislead by a Name.
The northern side of my morning walk route, Hingna T point - Ambazari road, is dotted with buildings with residential and commercial accommodation.
Commercial establishments all have hoarding/name boards indicating their business. Every other hoarding/name board is an eating joint. Then there is a Ceramic Studio (on the first floor). It has a glass frontage. From the hoarding and what can be seen of the display from the road, it appears to be a showroom for bathroom and sanitary fixture. Why anyone would name a shop selling washbasins and commodes a "studio" is beyond me. Unless it was to sound 'arty" or jara hatke. There is also a "Lok Suvidha". Never gave it much thought.

The southern side of the route is devoid of any building. It is one huge open ground. It houses GAGAN Data Receiving Center Nagpur of ISRO and DGCA, Govt of India. Along the boundary wall of this place is the longest uninterrupted footpath of Nagpur. Almost a KM and half of the continuous footpath with only one break for entry gate of Gagan. Ideal for morning walkers. Unfortunately due to the infamous and notorious habit of a lot of Indians / Nagpurians, it is also the longest urinal. Most embarrassing and smelly sight, particularly if your better half is with you. One may argue that urination is the most natural thing, why to be embarrassed by it.  I can only say that when one sees a fellow human, discarding all social norms behaves like a dog, an animal, it is indeed an embarrassing sight. 
Long back I had written about the lack of public urinals in my blog. Here is the link to it 
https://velusr.blogspot.com/2019/02/a-thought-provoking-incident.html . 

When you are nudging 79, lot of bodily functions diminish. Bladder control is one. Nowadays before I leave home for any purpose including my morning walk, I ensure :
 a visit to the bathroom to empty the bladder. 
Check mobile, wallet in the pocket, 
the zip is closed. 
Mask is in place.
Today forgot visit to the bathroom. All the water and tea I had taken since getting up at 430 AM had its effects by the time I was on my way home.
Remembered the board 'Lok Suvidha', translating it to "public convenience",  I felt this place would meet my need. Entered the premise. Looked all around. Nothing looked like anything which would serve my purpose. Some young girls were waiting for the lift. I asked them about Lok Suvidha. I was told it was on the third floor and it was a financial firm. My problem had had nothing to do with finance.
Hurried home and it was a big relief!!
PS 
With unconditional apology to Lok Suvidha. I totally misunderstood the meaning of the name  Lok Suvidha was intended to convey.

No comments:

Post a Comment