08 November 2020

Wish my 'THINKING' to be true - Morning walk vignettes.

Wish my THINKING turns out to be true - Morning walk vignettes.
My morning walk route has a pressure relief valve on the main water supply line which is perpetually leaking.


Valve in the main water supply line.

Yesterday what I saw made me pause and look around. What I saw was a stainless steel utensil of about 5 odd litres capacity kept under the leaking valve. It was full of potable water. I paused and looked around. At that early hour, all the food joints nearby were closed. No one seemed to be around.  No one seemed to be keeping an eye on that stainless steel utensil which must cost around 200 to 300 Rs.


Stainless steel vessel. Full of potable water. 

I for one believe that all humans are basically trustworthy and honest, something akin to theory Y of Professor McGregor. 
Due to this belief, I have been taken for a ride many times. Proved wrong too many times to my liking. 
I am stubborn by nature and won't let go of my basic beliefs. 
I have no idea why the owner of the stainless steel utensil left it unattended.
I would like to 'THINK'  that like me, he is also a believer and believes that basically, all are honest and trustworthy.
I wish my 'THINKING' turns out to be true.
OR
Maybe it is a wish that even God can not grant.


No comments:

Post a Comment