11 November 2020

Speak-up. Why keep quite - Morning Walk Vignettes.

Speak-up. Why keep quiet - Morning Walk Vignettes. 
I had thought of two titles for this post
Velankar impact - aka - Htiawada impact; or, 
Speak up why keep quite.
Finally decided for the latter.
not only during the morning walk but whenever we are out we see things which make us happy/ sad/ angry. 
I write about them in my blog. In the recent past, I have started copy-pasting blog content on FB as well. 
No one reads my blogs, but on FB, I at least get few likes :-) 
When I see the beautiful sunrise or boganvulliea flowers, I write about it.
When I see heaps of garbage or stray dogs and cows squatting on the road, I write about it. When I see slipshod work being done and public money being wasted, I write about it.
In the last category had written about cable obstruction in the newly constructed footpath. see it  here
A few days later I noticed that the obstructing cables were removed. I was jubilant. In my post titled "Velankar Impact" (here.) I took all the credit for righting a wrong. Which frankly speaking, I may have claimed wrongly or did not deserve.
In pre BC era** I had written about slipshod work being done by MSEDCL in my blog dated
15 Jan 20  to see and read the blog go here.
Today during my morning walk on the new route after almost 10 months, I noticed that all the 11/44 KVA high voltage cables which were lying above ground/improperly laid and posing danger and were potential accident spots were laid properly and are now underground. 
The slipshod work done earlier has been put right !!!
I will not claim credit, At the same time, it is also likely that someone who could have put things right, became aware of this problem due to my blog and put it right.
So what I want to say to my fellow Nagpurians and fellow Indians is this when you see something which makes you happy/ sad/ angry speak-up Do not keep quiet.
Even if the wrongs written by us are not put right at least the writing about it,  we would have 'let off the steam'. Believe me, it feels good. 
And if by chance we strike it lucky, may the wrongs may get put right due to our writings.
SO SPEAK UP. WHY KEEP QUIET.
Something good may come of it.
** Before Corona era.

THEN and NOW  Photos.

Then, 15 Jan 20
                                                                                                  Now, 11Oct 20.

                     Then, 15 Jan 20.


                                                                           Now, 11 Oct 20.


               Then, 15 Jan 20 

                                                                                                                 Now, 11Oct 20                         

              
Then, 15 Jan 20.



                                                                                 Now 11 Oct 20.       

No comments:

Post a Comment