29 October 2020

Morning walk Vignettes - Men are from Mars and Women from Venus.

 Morning walk Vignettes - Men are from Mars and Women from Venus. 
During my morning walk today I met Dilip.
"Met" is a really wrong and misleading word. 
This is what happened. 
I saw smart, younger than me man walking towards me. Due to the mask, it was only when he was about 10 to 15 feet from me that I recognised him as Dilip, one of the very limited friends I have. 
He also must have recognised me. 
We were coming face to face after 27 May 2020 when Priti and I had gone to their place for dinner in the day we had returned from Delhi. 
We did not stop and talk. While on the topic of 'talk', we do not even ring up each other for months. 
He raised his hand and waved. I raised my hand waved and said "Good morning". We crossed each other, continued going our ways. There was no pause or even slowing down in our marching steps. 
I remembered and written about the accidental meeting of Madhuri and Priti, ( better halves of Dilip and yours truly.) For those who do not know about that meeting, it is @
https://www.facebook.com/pmvelankar/posts/3419330534957905
The contrast in the meetings of two men and women friends proved the truism- 
 Men are from Mars and Women from Venus.

POSTSCRIPT

Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus is a book written a relationship counsellor John Gray, The book states that most common relationship problems between men and women are a result of fundamental psychological differences between the sexes................

The book has sold more than 15 million copies and, according to a CNN report, it was the "highest ranked work of non-fiction" of the 1990s spending 121 weeks on the bestseller list.

 POST POSTSCRIPT.

As I already knew what it was about, I did not read the book, have not even seen it

No comments:

Post a Comment