19 October 2020

Morning walk Vignettes: First Fruiting of young Tree.

 Morning walk Vignettes: First Fruiting of young Tree.
Around 10 to 15 years back Nagpur Municipal Corporation had planted saplings on both sides of all along the road. Most of them happened to be on my morning walk route. There were saptaparni, pipal, neem, fig and few other varieties unknown to me.
Surprisingly a lot of them survived. I had helped the survival of some of them by seeing that they do not lean towards the road to be knocked down by the vehicles moving on the road by ensuring they remain upright by giving them support.  
I have been seeing them grow, flower. Follow the cycles of autumn (पतझड़) and getting new leaves. I have sort of become fond of these trees. We need them. I am glad that they survived and are around my morning walk route.
Noticed a few days back that my fig tree has started fruiting. ( I have started calling them my trees, maybe presumptuous of me but there it is :-))  
Waited for the fruits to grow a bit bigger so that they would be visible. Did it a couple of days back. Unfortunately, it is the type of fig that is not edible.
Happy that it with coming of age it will spread its kind.

Young Fig Tree.

Young Fig Tree. Different angle.

First fig fruits.

No comments:

Post a Comment