09 March 2019

Autumn woes? Any solution?

Harsh winter poses survival challenges for all species. All have evolved their own ways of survival. Some hibernate. Trees shed their leaves.
Though the new Avatar of trees with shining bright leaves is pleasure to behold, the process leaves problems for some.​ Corporation​
Safaiwalas every morning collect huge heaps of fallen ​tr​e leaves.
What to do with them?
In Nagpur they just burn them. During my morning walk I see small and big heaps burning all over. In my locality I told them not to burn them as it increases pollution. 

The heap was burned few days back. 

He posted me a simple question.साहेब मग मी याच काय करू ? (Sir, what do I do with it?). I suggested a compost pit. Any one with little imagination can visualise the practical problems. 
How this problem is being tackled in other places?
Solutions may please be put up on social media​ and sent to Municipal Corporation of Nagpur.

No comments:

Post a Comment