22 March 2020

Tale of two cities.

My son is in Singapore. Every year we make one trip to spend time with them & our grand daughter.
During every visit I have been higly impressed by the way the civic authorities go about their work to provide  citizens with civic amenities yo make citizen's life as comfortable and smooth as possible.
The moment I return to Nagpur, a city I loved when I had decided to settle here after retirement, I am stuck by the utter chaotic state of civic amenities which rather than make the life of ctiezens comfortable make it a nightmare.
The garbage, the potholes thuorgh out the city interspread with an apology of what are called "road". Blatent violations of treaffic rules. All looked at with total apathy and unconcern by the auhotirtes who are supposed to maintain them and supposed to ensure that traffic rules are followed.
Those supporting these worthies will scream about shortage/ derth or lack of funds available to civic authoritoes. 
I beg to differ. I would like to make it absolutely clear "it is not a question of money, it is matter of, work culture, Attitude, Motivation, pride in the job they do. Most importantly of ''chalta hai' attitude". 
  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment