13 July 2021

Following a Wonderful idea!

 I was really impressed and inspired by the wonderful idea of making a birdbox out of the plastic can.
See my blog at 
https://draft.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/9127849959885532183/5671860915670594896
 I too made a bird box out of a 1-litre bottle a few days back and hung it on a tree.




No one came to occupy it :-(
I thought the plastic is transparent. Birds may not think it offers a secure home for their offspring. Hence no occupancy.
Another problem was it has been raining for the last few days. The bottle had filled with water up to the opening. 
Took it off the tree and brought it back to remedy the drawbacks.
Removed the transparency by covering it with waterproof brown paper. Made drain holes in the bottom so that rainwater drains out and the nest remains free of water. Hung it back in the tree.



Please do wish me luck for early occupancy of my new home :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment