17 November 2018

Metro News.

there has been no metro news on my blog or Facebook page for more then a month.
On my return to Nagpur, I have resumed my walk. I find that civil work on Metro in my stretch is complete. Now the work is going on at track level where I have no access.

During last year and half since the time work started, foot path along northern wall of DGCA grounds on Hingna Road Started getting damaged. Incidentally with continuous uninterrupted length of almost 1 KM ( 997.7 mtrs) this must be the longest continuous uninterrupted footpath in Nagpur.

With increasing damage to the footpath due to on going work, eventually it's full length was damaged, destroyed. The very existence of 1 KM long footpath simply vanished. At one time things were so bad that walking became unsafe and I had to change my route. Later even though footpath remained non existentant but walking was possible. 
Now the good news is that with completion of civil work Metro people have started reconstruction of the foot path. From the looks of it about 40 odd meters of it has been done. They have done beautiful job. Lot of thought seems to have gone in the design of new footpath. There are niches near metro station where autos and cars can stop to drop off or pick up passengers. Idea being when the venicles stop on niche, road remains clear and smooth flow of traffic is not affected.
Here are the photos of newly constructed footpath and portion still to be done.

New footpath. Niche for car.
New footpath. Niche for auto parking.  
Footpath still to be done-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment