10 October 2015

Some thoughts / My Philosophy on Birthday Parties.

 Just a few days back we were invited by one of our friend to attended birthday party of their granddaughter being organised by their son . Their granddaughter was going to be one year old .
 A marriage hall was booked and decorations including pink balloons in plenty  were all done by event managers . Guest list was considerable . Not only friends who were parents of one year olds and whose equally lavish parties they themselves had attended were invited , but many more people who were " owed " a return party were also invited . The one year old who was the reason for all this was decked in  branded brand new kids wear . Large crowd , loud music and generally higher noise levels , all were making the baby uncomfortable ,  very fretful  and prone to crying.Thanks to Modern nappies parents were at least not worried about minor irritants like nature's call.
It was grand birthday party for one year old enjoyed by young parents and retired grand parents and friend of baby's parents.I wondered if it was also enjoyed by the kingpin of the party -the baby itself !!!
I wonder if the party was really held to make their one year old daughter happy or ........

I have my own thoughts  about birthday celebrations and this party set me thinking .
Such parties  seem to have become the emerging trend nowadays . It could be birthday parties, "barsa" ( naming ceremony for baby), sacred thread ceremony etc . Grand parties and functions seem to have become the norm .But I wanted to talk about Birthday Parties . 
 So far as I am concerned you are growing older everyday and after 365 days you become older by one year and you become one year old . That is the FIRST BIRTHDAY ! Year after year you have successive birthdays which are celebrated as per one's own philosophy and thinking.
Personally I feel there is no need to celeberate birth days .
However ,weather any one likes it or not we have to celeberate them including myself . In my philisophy we can celeberate the birthdays in a style depending on the the stage at which that person has reached in his life . For this I devide our life existance in three stages .
Pre Teens , teens / formative years .
Adult hood .
The Veterans , After retirement from Profession.

For the time being ,this much is ok . My philosophy on how to celeberate the birthday for a person in each stage will follow in later posts . 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment