06 October 2015

My Letter to Editor , The Hitavada.

As expected my letter to Editor of local news paper was not published .
I have written another letter to the Editor , this time not with the aim of getting published but to call a spade a spade and to tell the things as I see them .

Sir ,
I have been an avid reader of your Saturday coloumn , " Loud Thinking " in which you always raise very relevant questions like

1. General cicvic-sense . Resposnibilityies of an Indian citizens and what all of us can do to make our neighbourhoods , our cities , our states and eventully our country a better place to live .

2 . Moral degradition and lack of ethical behaviour in modern times  . And what needs to be done to improve the situation .

3. Total lack of traffic-sense . Willful jumping of red lights . The seriousness gets coumpounded when the passangers  in these cars or on two wheelers being driven by parents are young school going children . Who grow up thinking that there is nothing wrong in  what their mothers , fathers and elders are doing and as an adults they also jump red light , violate traffic rules without  any guilt feeling .

4. The sense of cleanliness of  as a responsible citizens to ensure "Swtch Bharat"

And many such related topics , which have always deserved most serious thought by the citizens of this country .
 After reading  your articles on various topics I had become your great admirer . I had placed you on a high moral and ethical pedastle .

Considering total boycott of and any favourable / unbiased news on the OROP issue by print and electronic media and general ignorance of the topic in populace , I had written an article explaining what it is about and what are the issues involved .

 I know that my writing was very harsh , Spoke disperagingly of our Indian Civil Servants .  They are  supposed be steel frame work on whome the future of shining India can be built. Who are supposed to give proper administration and governance , Supposed to impliment the infrastruture projects decided by PM & Parliament . To make India one of super Powers of the world . To take India to greater and greater heights . To make it number one country in the World .Unfortunately  what was referred to as steel frame work was the  ICS cadre during the British rule . Last almost 70 yeras of experiance has belied all our hopes . Last 70 odd yeras have made it abundantly clear that independent India's IAS cadre rether than a steel structure is just a facade of steel structure totally rusted and weakened to the core . Doings of none orher that the IAS cader itself.  As a result of all that has happenened to the Administration & Governence by IAS cadre , what I have opined about  Indian Administrative  Servicesis is not far offt the mark . Infact I am not alone in my thinking , I would say that  100 % of defence services think like I do ,  majority of the population also thinks so . Any one who is a responsible citizen and aware of what is happening to our Defence services will also be forced to think on similar lines .

 I call them Babus because in my openion they are no better than a third grade clerks in any government office without accountability , responsibility , lack of any ethical standars and lack of   moral courage to take decisions for the betterment of the country . Exceptions prove the rule . there are a few very fine and upstanding IAS officers . They are miniscule in number and in most cases done in by their own collegues and the politiacians . Infact I am actively participating  and have signed a petition to ABOLISH the Indian level services ,In palce of IAS cadre , appoint men of expertise and impeccable repute in their respective fields as Secretaries , Jy Secretaries etc . Pay them or let them work at honororiam or part time . Their few hours of work and decisions will equal to a Babus output of may be an Year or more !!

Considering my very high openion about your moral , ethical values , standing by the truth and courage to call a spade a spade had made me believe that my article will definetely find favuor with you and will get published so that general populace will know about the topic of OROP .

By not publishing an article which called a spade a spade indicates that the Hitavada is no different form the normal rut of media .

My aspirations and  very high position in which I held you has suffered an irrepeirable damage .
I do not expect this to be published . It is just to let you know what I thought of you as human being , a responsible citizen , earlier and now .

PM Velankar


  

No comments:

Post a Comment