09 September 2013

Anecdote sent to Readers Digest .

Some time back my friend Gp Capt NN Ubgade ( retd ), 80 odd years of age had undergone cataract operation of both eyes . It just so happened that after the operation , he had good near vision in one eye and equally good distant vision in the other eye. Due to this , between both  the eyes he had no problems and did not need to use specatels.
Last month he  had gone to R T O 's (Regional Transport Officer) office to apply for renewal of his driving licences.While he was busy filling up the forms , The concerned RTO's employee was giving him curious looks. Finally he could not stop himself from asking my friend " Sir , how is it that you are not using specatels. it is really surprising that you have good vision "
My friend , with dead pan face replied , " Yes with God's grace as of now my vision is ok , but may be in my old age I will have to use them "
The expressions on RTO staff were really indescribable,   

No comments:

Post a Comment