21 January 2013

What have I been doing?

The article for wikipedia.
This is how it all sterted.
Some time back we , about 8 AF friends , went for a picnic to a place called Khekhranala. It is a Dam built for irrigation purposes.. MTDC  has a resort there . Irrigation department also has a guest house . We went there,had great time . To repeat the experience I was looking around for suitable water bodies on google maps .There are plenty of lakes / reservoirs in Vidharbha region. But to go to a place one has to know the name of place where one has to go :-) .To my surprise there were not many lakes/reservoirs with a name tag , few did have a name tag which said "lake" , " Pond" "water " etc.which is neither here nor there. So I decided to find and names of these places .
 It was not easy . Even after plenty of googling around and searches I could not find a site which gave the names of various dams. National Register of Large dams and wiki link based on that source gave names of about 1400 dams . From that list it was difficult to know their exact location. So I was back to square one . So what did I do next.
Follow these pages for what happens next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment