09 September 2021

A group deserving appreciation.

A group Deserving appreciation.
During my morning walk, I always pass Hingna T point. 
Almost every day I see a group of senior citizens carrying out PT exercises (Physical Training),  the likes of which I did every day during training days and few times in a week as officers while in the air force.  At times  I paused in my walk and observed them for a while.


SORRY! 
(Due to tech hitch video not playing. 
Please use the link below to see the video.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAXSkxtmPFU

One of the senior citizens had assumed the charge. He named the next exercise and started counting from 1 to 10 and then backwards from 10 to1. On each count, the next move of the exercise is executed. 
I have not stayed to see them do the full routine. However, there are times when I am a bit late or when I do an extra round and see them for the second time I have a fair idea that they do these exercises for about 30 to 45 minutes. 
They do one exercise which we never ever did. That is "laughter exercise". On the command, all of them let out a full-throated bellow of 
HA! HA!! HA!!! HEE! HEE!! HEE!!! HO! HO!! HO!!!
In the airforce, we had a lot of fun but just can not imagine us breaking out HA HA HEE HEE HO HO on the PT or parade ground :-)
It is amusing to see them doing the exercises. Where the spine arms and knees are supposed to be ramrod straight, they are bending by various degrees or are not bending to the required angle depending on the general elasticity of their body or degree of arthritis
These worthies were not worried about that. They were together with similar-minded friends, in the open air doing exercises in the fresh morning atmosphere.
They were not only defying their infirmities due to their age but also negativity due to the covid pandemic.
They were enjoying life and doing the best they could.
When I had seen them for the first time, spontaneously what I thought was,
  कौतुक करण्या सारखा ग्रुप 
A group deserving appreciation.
("appreciation." closest English word I found to कौतुक)  
 






No comments:

Post a Comment