19 August 2020

Covid 19 and The Fearless Indian. - Morningwalk Vignettes.

During my morning walk I saw lot of people gathered in front of a shop. I was a Bit intrigued as it was quite early. 06:14 to be precise.  Looking closely I saw the crowd was in front Indian Broiler shop.

I stopped and asked one of the tailenders as to why so much crowd in front of a chicken shop. He gave pitying looks at my ignorance. He enlightened me. 

अहो आज पोळ्याचा सणं आहे. चिकन मटण खाण्याचा दिवस आहे. म्हणून गर्दी आहे ( Sir today is pola festival, hence a day to eat chicken and mutton That is why the crowd.)

  Pola is a thanksgiving festival of farmers and their families for their bulls. Pola is celebrated to acknowledge the importance of bulls and oxen, who are a crucial part of agriculture and farming activities. It is a day for pampering of Bulls, which may begin a day or two before Pola.

I just did not understand how eating chicken and mutton by these worthies would contribute to pampering of bulls.

 I also noticed that  lot of them were not wearing masks. None was observing social distancing. 

When I decided to write this blog I was wondering about the title for the blog. Thought of

1. The Fearless Indian.

2. The Festival Loving Indian.

Gave the former title.

I think more appropriate title would have been

"Covod19 and The Stupid Indian."

Not all were with masks. Where is social distancing

The Stupid Indian.



No comments:

Post a Comment