14 March 2010

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY !

13th MARCH 1966

Commissioned as Pilot Officer , G D ( P ) Branch.

13 MARCH 2010.




44 th Anniversary celebrations . Treat for us from A & P at Mustard

As a picture is worth a thousand words , all that was required to be said has been said .However if you don't mind reading long blogs , read on and more power to you sir,

A gold letter day for 95th Pilots and 33 rd Navigator's Course of the Indian Air Force . The Flight Cadets of these courses passed out from the Training Institutes and were Commissioned as Pilot Officers of General Duties Branch in the I A F . This day 44 years back . ie 13 March 1966.

As usual I had totally forgotten this fact . Priti wished me Happy Anniversary on commissioning , first thing in the morning . I was touched by her thoughtfulness and the vary fact that even though I had forgotten , she did not !! I thought of ringing up two of my course mates V K & Girish Joshi who have also settled down in Nagpur to wish them on the anniversary.
Again, as usual I got busy in many day to day activities and did not think of it at all .In fact I had totally forgotten about it . So much so that when Priti and others were discussing dinner out , I paid scant attention to all that . Another reason to ignore the dinner talk was that when ever the children visit us , to give Priti a break from the kitchen and a change for us all , thay treat us by taking us out for dinner etc , so I thought the dinner out was just the "as usual" outing :).
After a lot of discussions Mustard restaurant was decided upon and we landed up there . The food was a bit spicy but good . It was only when the waiter was asking us for a dessert that A wished me a very happy commission day anniversary . It was then once again that I remembered that it was a supposed to be a special day . I think that the gesture by the kids gave me as much happiness as Gen Choudhary giving me the wings !!!
Once again Thanks A , P and Priti for giving me so much happiness .

No comments:

Post a Comment