03 August 2007

I had come up with the title and the idea for the subject of my blog as a result of my recent visit to Ajeet and Jayati , my son and DIL ( Daughter -In-Law) at Delhi . There I had read an autobiography written by RK Narayan . It was interesting . The way he started off no one would have thought , least of all , R K Narayan himself , that he would achieve such eminence and become a star in the firmament of the literary world . That book gave me the idea that I can start a blog which could be autobiographical in nature because the way and surroundings in which I grew and was brought up no one , least of myself , would have ever thought that I will land up becoming a well qualified officer and a fighter pilot in the Indian Air Force ( IAF ) . I thought it was plenty similarity to start ! And so , the title and generally contents , of my blob were decided !!!

So after a big big motivation and with lot of enthusiasm I started my blog . With this , I thought that things will become easy . Sad to say it was not so .

They say that while embarking on a journey , the most difficult thing is to take the first step . I can now say that it is not only the first step which is difficult but the second , the third and all the subsequent steps as well . This is particularly true if you don't know where you are going and are unsure of the destination !! One can ask that if I had already decided the general outlines of my blog how is it that I was not sure of my destination . Well you see when I started thinking about writing my next post , I thought I have decided to make it autobiographical after reading R K N . One was likely to think , as they say in hindi " KAHAN GANGOO TELI AUR KAHAN RAJA BHOJ ." ( the closest equivalent I can think of is " where is chalk and where is cheese " ) . Here is velu sr equating himself with the great RKN . This posed a great dilemma . Days were passing and here I was already at 02 August of the year 2007 of our lord and still not written the second post !!! No way could be found of the impasse !!!

I decided to seek help and wrote to Ajeet and Jayati for a way out of my situation . Jayati , good that she is was prompt to come to my rescue . Her mail was so inspiring that it solved all my problems .

Here I am already posting my new post !!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. great great great....also looking forward to reading about your travails across the country.

    ReplyDelete